Are you looking for a big loan to borrow on your home? If you’re a homeowner you have a great advantage! Apply now for any loan amount up to £25,000! We offer homeowner loans with higher acceptance rates, and you can be eligible for same day payout if approved! Apply now even with a poor credit history and get an instant decision.
What is a Homeowner Loan?
A homeowner loan is a secured loan that uses your property as a security for the lender against the amount of credit that you want to borrow. Taking out a secured homeowner loan means that the lender will repossess your property if you can’t repay the debt. This type of secured loan is also known as a second mortgage or a home equity loan. A secured homeowner loan can be very useful if you want to borrow a large sum of money with a bad credit rating.
With a homeowner loan:
- You can borrow money against the value of your property up to £25,000
- You’ll need to pass the credit and affordability checks
- You will have to pay interest on the money you borrow
Can I get a homeowner loan with bad credit?
Yes, PLNOW offers homeowner loans for people with poor credit. We weigh affordability over your credit score. If we see that you can afford the loan repayments and that you are responsible with your money, we will approve you no matter what your credit score is. Lenders offering secured loans usually provide higher acceptance rates for people with bad credit because your property acts as a collateral to secure your loan.
What is a homeowner loan calculator?
A secured homeowner loan calculator is a useful tool that tells you in real terms how much your secured loan is going to cost. While all direct lenders have to tell you the Representative APR of their loans, it’s not always clear what that percentage means for you.
A homeowner loan calculator will tell you:
- The amount you’ll repay at every instalment,
- how many instalments there will be,
- the total amount to repay.
You can also find secured loan eligibility checkers. These tell you how likely it is that you’ll be approved for different loan amounts. Remember, cheap secured credit is usually reserved only for applicants with very good credit scores.
What should I consider before taking out a homeowner loan?
Taking out a secured loan against your property is a big commitment. As a responsible lender we have put together some important points that you should think about before taking out a loan:
- If you can’t afford to repay the secured loan, you are at risk of losing your home. The lender could repossess your property and sell it to repay the debt.
- Early repayment fees – Some lenders may charge additional fees if you repay your loan early (because they won’t be earning the interest they expected).
- If the secured loan has variable interest rates attached – Variable interest is when the rate on the loan fluctuates according to market changes making it difficult to budget your repayments. If rates were to go up, you might end up paying a lot more in interest than you expected. It’s essential to make sure that you will be able to afford the monthly repayments if they were to go up.
- If the lender offers a repayment holiday – Some lenders make it clear that they won’t allow you to take a break for 1 to 2 months from your regular payments if your financial situation is tight.
Learn more about PLNOW’s homeowner loans
If you want to find out more information regarding how our loans work, visit our How It Works page or contact us. Or, if you are ready to apply now, start your application by clicking below!
What do I need to be eligible for a loan?
You can apply if you:
- Are above 18 years old
- Are a UK resident
- Hold a UK bank account
What can homeowner loans be used for?
Secured homeowner loans are usually taken out to borrow more significant sums of money and for more extended periods of time than a regular personal loan online. Some people borrow these large sums to make improvements to their home, i.e. to add value to their property with an extension or big renovations. Secured loans can also be used for debt consolidation. It could cut the amount of interest that you pay on smaller unsecured debts quite dramatically. If you have debts, we recommend that you get some free debt advice before taking out a homeowner loan.
Alternatives to secured homeowner loans:
- Remortgaging – This will help to free up some cash. But the downsides include potentially high upfront fees and, remortgaging means paying interest for longer on the total amount owed.
- Unsecured personal loans – If you want to borrow a smaller amount, or you’re unsure about securing a debt against your home, then an unsecured loan may be the perfect alternative. These loans may also come with even lower interest rates.
We always encourage you to investigate all your options before signing any loan agreement. In some cases, Personal Loans Now credit for homeowners may be the perfect option for you.
Why you should choose Personal Loans Now:
- Borrow loans amount between £2,000 – £25,000
- We provide an instant decision on all our loans
- You can apply with a bad credit rating
- We offer very high acceptance rates
- Receive the money into your bank account the same day, if approved
- We have helped over 30,000 customers