What are Unsecured Loans?
An unsecured personal loan is one that doesn’t require any risk to your secure belongings, such as your home, vehicle and other valuable property, in the event that you cannot repay your loan to the lender. Instead, your contract agreement will state that you will pay the unsecured loan back on pre-arranged dates set out in the initial application of credit. At Personal Loans Now, we can help with the possibility of lending an unsecured loan if this sounds ideal for your circumstances. Click here to apply.
What If I Don’t Pay My Unsecured Loan Back?
If you don’t make repayments as agreed in the initial loan agreement, the lender can claim the money back via legal means. For example, the lender can ask for the money you owe to be siphoned from your salary. In extreme cases, a court may agree for your possessions to be seized to repay the money you owe back to the lender. If you believe you are going to miss a repayment, contact your lender as soon as possible.
What’s a Secured Loan?
When you borrow a secured loan, you already agree in advance that if you do not make the agreed payments, the lender can repossess pre-agreed assets (such as your house or car) to recover the debt you owe. For example, a logbook loan uses your vehicle as collateral. However, you can also use your house, cash, investments or savings etc. to repay the debt if you cannot make regular agreed repayments.
Do I Need to Have a Good Credit Score to Apply for Unsecured Loans UK?You can gain approved unsecured loans, even if you have bad credit, but it can mean that you will pay a slightly higher rate of interest. This is because unsecured loans do not require any collateral and therefore carries a higher risk for the lender when agreeing to provide you with credit. To compensate for this risk, unsecured loan lenders carry out thorough checks when searching your credit file. If you have a good credit score, you are more likely to be approved for unsecured personal loans. The way to look at is, the higher the risk, the less you can borrow; so unsecured loans are usually only available for smaller values with a higher interest rate applied. You’ll need to be sure this is the kind of personal loan you’ll want to agree to.
The Benefits of Unsecured Loans:
- They are available to apply for anyone, both tenants and homeowners alike
- There is no risk of losing your assets
- Quick and fast loan application to receiving the credit into your account
The Risks of Borrowing Unsecured Loans:
- The interest rates can be higher than with a secured loan
- You can only borrow smaller amounts of money due to the risk for lenders
- You will generally need a good credit score to get an unsecured loan, but some lenders, like us at Personal Loans Now, specialise in bad credit unsecured personal loans if you need them
Unsecured Loans for Bad Credit – Direct Lenders Only
You may be looking for unsecured loans for bad credit as your credit score is not where it should be; this is normally due to:
- You not having the assets to offer,
- You prefer to pay a high-interest rate rather than risk losing your valuable assets